* Our school year begins on the third Saturday of September and ends on the last Satur day in May.
* On the first day of school, Fr. Demetri blesses the children, staff and classrooms with an “Agiasmo” or “Blessings of the Water.” This is a great way to begin the ecclesiastical year.
* Classes are held on Saturdays starting at 8:45 A.M. and ending at 12:30 P.M.
* Length of instruction is 1 hour, 1 ½ hours or 2 hours depending on the age group of the children.
* It is important that all classes begin promptly on time in order to provide the maximum instruction to all students.
* Students are provided with textbooks, workbooks, supplementary materials and necessary supplies needed for their class
* Our curriculum is enriched by additional Greek textbooks/workbooks, games, visual aid flash cards, Greek crossword puzzles, various wall posters displaying the alphabet, fruits, numbers, etc., as well as Audio CD’s.
* The school calendar, along with each student’s class roster, is mailed to parents at the beginning of September.
* Our school calendar follows the Lexington Public School calendar in which certain weeks are reserved for spring and winter vacations. Our school observes those weeks as well as our major religious feast days.
Example: Holy Week
* Parents are encouraged to read our Greek School News published in the Church’s Monthly Bulletin as well as e-mails to parents to inform them of added announcements. Also, parents are encouraged to visit our St. Nicholas parish website (www.stnicholaslex.org
) for viewing pictures of school events and/or other information.